Out of Home Care is a foster and kinship care service.
- To recruit, train and assess foster carers in providing an ideal home environment
- To provide ongoing training and support for foster carers in meeting the ever changing needs of children and young people under their care
Becoming a Foster Carer
Becoming a Foster Carer is a serious decision for any family. It is important that you discuss your decisions with your partner, children or any other signification people in your life to consider the impact that fostering may have. Some questions you may like to ask:
- What other stresses are there on our family at this time?
- Is this a good time to invite new challenges?
- How will our family adjust to the addition of other members?
- What changes, compromises or sacrifices will need to made?
- Is everyone prepared to make these changes?
The Foster Carer assessment process can take up to 6 months from completion of the training, to presentation of the assessment at panel.
To find out more about becoming a foster carer please contact Andy Harman.